Focus Groups provide a small group environment for children to learn about the week’s Bible story and discover ways to apply God’s principles to everyday life. For kids who are engaged at home each week with the same story, the benefit is multiplied. Instead of learning an isolated Bible story that may be forgotten by lunch, children are able to dig a little deeper into a story that is reinforced during the week.
We believe parents are the primary spiritual influencers in the lives of their children. We encourage parents to talk about the Bible at home, and then Focus Group leaders reinforce what the parents are already teaching their children.
At the Springfield campus, Focus Groups meet at 9:45 AM. We hope to begin children’s programming in New Berlin soon! For more information about how to help your child get plugged into a focus group, contact the church office. If you’d like to volunteer as a focus group leader, please contact the church office.
Our Sunday morning schedule in Springfield:
9:45 to 9:55
- Plug In: Focus the Energy
- Where? Kids 252 Room (3rd floor)
- Who? K-5
- What? As kids enter the Kids 252 room they will be greeted by their Focus Group Leader. Focus Group Leaders will use this time to develop their relationships with your children by asking them about their week and doing an activity that helps to prepare their minds and hearts to engage with the story and virtue we are learning.
9:55 to 10:15
– Power Up: Large Group Bible Story
- Where? Kids 252 Room
- Who? K-5
- What? Each week we’ll present the Bible story in an engaging way through using storytellers, characters, video, and other means to communicate the Bible in ways that your children will understand and love!
10:20 to 10:45
– Catch On: Make the Connection
- Where? K-2 in Central Station room, 3-5 in Sheila’s classroom (both on 2nd floor)
- Who? K-2 in one group, 3-5 in another
- What? This time is designed to help the kids understand how what they’ve learned applies to their daily lives. Here, they go back to their same Focus Group setting where they’ll discuss real life experiences and participate in a variety of learning activities that will help them make the connection with what they’ve learned that day.
We hope that you will partner with us by:
(1) bringing your children each week so that they can participate
(2) experiment with using the Cue Resources we provide you with each month to help your children grab hold of the Bible stories and monthly virtue