The Pastor Exploration Team was formed by the church in June 2012, and undertook the following:
- prayed together and asked for your prayers for Godâ€™s leading
- sought the wisdom of the ABC Great Rivers Region leadership
- read and studied about types of leadership in churches today
- through group listening sessions, individual conversations, and written answers to questions, heard from 146 members of the congregation
- studied the church budget and the functioning of Josh and Mary Ellen in the co-pastor roles that they were asked to fulfill
The team held a final meeting resulting in a unanimous vote to recommend the appointment of Reverend Josh Sabo as Lead Pastor and Reverend Mary Ellen Sharp as Associate Pastor. Subsequent to that vote, the Professional Relations team met with each Pastor to explain the recommendation and to allow them to voice any concerns. The Professional Relations team also was charged with reviewing job descriptions and salaries and submitting the salary recommendation to the Finance team for approval. With all approvals in place, the Moderator scheduled a special business meeting for church members to vote on the recommendation. The meeting was held after each of the worship services on Sunday March 24th. One hundred and thirty members voted at the meeting. The final results were 126 yes votes and 4 no.
Congratulations to our new Pastors!