April 5th, 2020
Gathering God’s People
Father, Spirit, Son
Lead me down the path of stillness
That I might know that you are God,
And that you are good.
I still my soul before you,
I slow my breath, in and out,
I rest in your presence.
With courage I hold my fear before you
With love I hold my friends, my family before you
With a mustard seed of faith I hold this world before you.
Come with healing O God
Come with wisdom O God
Come with connection O God
In this time of crisis
This time of pandemic
Work in and through us your people
For your glory
And our good
Walking A Week with Jesus
The larger video somehow lost the audio for In Christ Alone which begins at the 33:30 mark, this version has audio.
Responding to God’s Word
- Spend some time with these questions posed during the Palm Sunday reflection: Will we accept Jesus as our king or will we try to make Jesus fit into our own kingdoms? Will we rule and reign over our lives or will we submit to Jesus as our Lord, our Savior, our King?
- Where do you experience God inviting you to dwell with him more deeply this Holy Week?
- Take intentional time this week to reflect on how great God’s love is for you and for the world.
We encourage you to continue your faithful support of Central’s ministry in these days. Offerings can be mailed to Central’s office (501 S. 4th St Springfield, IL 62701) or you can make an online offering by clicking here:
- Here is great article by N.T. Wright on Christianity offering answers to Coronavirus and the importance of lament and a related article on lament by Glenn Packiam.
- Aaron Niequist and the Eternal Current podcast have been focusing on helpful spiritual practices in the time of a pandemic, you can participate in these contemplative practices by listening here: http://theeternalcurrentpodcast.libsyn.com/
- The Christian Century has put together a resource with a series of articles connected to Holy Week, you can access it here.
- Several people have asked about ways to support others during this time. One great option is the One Great Hour of Sharing offering, you can donate to this offering that will go to support people throughout the world during this time by mailing a contribution to the church with One Great Hour of Sharing – COVID 19 in the memo line.
- The April edition of our monthly newsletter, the CBN, is available now.
- Many in our congregation are using First 15 as a devotional resource. There are several different ways you can gain access to the First15 devotional.
Email – you can subscribe to First15’s email list and have an email waiting for you each morning when you wake up. You can sign up directly on their website: https://www.first15.org/
App – you can download the First15 app on your iPhone or Android mobile device by searching in the App Store for First15.
Podcast – daily devotions are also available through Apple podcasts and Spotify.